Work at ECANDI - Social Media/Digital Marketing Intern
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Job Title: Social Media/Digital Marketing Intern
Location: ECANDI, Rosslyn Gates Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
Term: Internship or Part time (based on performance)
Start Date: 1st April 2023
Shop opening hours: 9am – 5pm
Working hours: Flexible (On-site & Remote)
What Does a Digital Marketing Intern Do?
A Digital Marketing Intern assists with all stages of digital marketing campaigns. Digital Marketing Interns can work on a wide variety of projects including web development, social media, search engine optimization, and email marketing campaigns. Digital Marketing Interns provide their team with needed help when developing, expanding, and maintaining client projects.
You will assist in managing ECANDI digital/social media channels by developing both visual and written content. You will cover the activities of ECANDI and support in developing the strategy of our communication (target audience, messaging, channels, partners). You’ll co-develop communication plans and execute them as well as creatively explore other ideas and ways to increase our presence. You will also support ECANDI where necessary with ad hoc projects.
In this collaborative, entry-level role, you will get a chance to learn important skills and gain professional experience by working on digital marketing campaigns with our team. Our ideal intern candidate has a fundamental understanding of digital marketing best practices, graphic design abilities, web development experience, and strong communication skills.
Digital Marketing Interns are responsible for supporting the ECANDI team in digital marketing activities. Examples of duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with social media campaigns
- Assist with email campaigns
- Assist with search engine optimization
- Assist with web development projects
- Produce and proofread website content
- Collect and report data from marketing campaigns
- Attend meetings
- Design and produce content
- Complete other administrative tasks as needed
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED
A successful Digital Marketing Intern needs various skills and qualifications to perform the required duties of their role. Essential skills for this position include the following:
-Passionate about the zero-waste and sustainable living
-Have eye on design and experience using Adobe, Canva and other content creation tools
-You have an eye for design, photography and videography skills are an added bonus.
- Fluent in written and verbal English and great communication skills and a great copywriter
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to quickly learn and process information
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Familiarity with CRM tools, Online analytics, and Google Adwords
- You’re a self-starter, an initiator who doesn’t wait for orders to get the job done
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cv, portfolio (demonstrating your capabilities) and a brief note about why you’d be a great fit for ECANDI.
Only successful candidates will be shortlisted.
ECANDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.